January 17, 2012

Food Coma

Ian was off last night: yay!!

We went to Cafe Andaluz, an authentic Spanish Tapas restaurant on Byers Road. Ian has talked about this place for a long time, so I was thrilled to try it out!

The first thing I thought upon entering the establishment was "Are we in Dalton?!" The decor was very much like Mexican restaurants in the States. However, what we ate was far from the cheap tacos from back home.

My last two Tapas experiences did not end up that great. For some reason, I tend to order weird dishes like "Mexican Goat Cheese with a Chili Sauce," or "Carne Lasagna." Yes, I actually ordered those. So, this time, Ian ordered! Fried potatoes mixed in a spicy tomato sauce & alioli.
Patatas Bravas: Fried potatoes in a spicy tomato sauce and alioli (mayo-like sauce)

Fried potatoes mixed in a spicy tomato sauce & alioli.
Carne de Res Picante: Spicy beef on top of lettuce with manchego cheese and chorizo dressing
Pollo Rebozado con Miel (MY FAV): Crispy chicken in a Spanish honey and grain mustard sauce
Gambas Rebozadas: Fried prawns with a garlic-mayo dip
Mejillones a la Marinera: Mussels cooked in white wine, shallots, garlic, and finished with fresh cream.
Ian capturing my first mussels experience.
The aftermath.
The best thing about Tapas: Ian trying to pronounce the names of the dishes.

During dinner, Ian said that afterwords we could go to a pub and get a few drinks. Guess what my response was? "Let's go to Crepe a Croissant!" 

This is the Mega Marshmallow Crepe. It is a crepe (obviously) filled with warm, squishy marshmallows and NUTELLA! It comes with a cream that would make a grown man cry. 
I don't even want to know how many calories are in this thing.
So, Mom, I am obviously not starving over here. 
XOXO-Kels

3 comments:

  1. Noms at the marshmallow crepe. #fat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am THRiLLED to see all of your pictures! That's obviously my favorite part of your blog, especially since I get to see how much fun you're having! Keep them coming! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trent you would have been embarrassed by my intense nomming. #Fatgirlproblems #SorryI'mnotsorry

    Jessica I love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete