February 22, 2012

twentyfirst

First and foremost, a huge thanks to Ian and his family for giving me a 21st I'll never forget!

After the amazing trip to London, I wasn't expecting anything more. However, the sweet surprises kept coming and I ended the birthday festivities at an American themed birthday party...amazing!

Ian's sister Kayleigh and her husband Stuart planned an amazing party complete with USA balloons and flags and hot dogs.
 

I'll also need to notify the US Secretary of State immediately because we have drastically improved relations between America and Scotland. How?

By introducing the game of beer pong, of course!


It was not an easy task by any means. You see, instead of playing silly games in order to consume alcohol, the Scots like to skip the games and just drink. So waiting behind ten cups of perfectly drinkable beer for the opposing team to sink a cup was pure agony for them.

The first few games consisted of Ian and I versus grumpy, sober Scots that didn't understand the rules. Rather quickly, they started to enjoy it and soon the house was filled with familiar sounds of drunk cheers!
Ian's pals trying to figure it out. 

All that being said, what could be more American than hot dogs and beer? 

A Hooters girl!

Kayleigh's friends (who were pretty much the life of the party) came dressed in very American apparel.

We had a nerdy American, a Hooter's girl who doubled as a "thirst aid," and Miss Ralph Lauren who was wearing:

 American flag socks!

We ended the night with my favorites, Gizzie and Andy. Gizzie has promised to marry me so that I can stay in the UK. Might come to that one of these days ;)



 XOXO-Kels


No comments:

Post a Comment