April 21, 2012

Is it Summer or is it Spring?

Haha

Glasgow weather has been nuts for about a month now.

We had one solid week of perfect weather. I'm talkin' warm sunshine, blue skies...the works! Because that kind of weather is so rare here, the country shuts down when it gets over 50 degrees. People flock to the park and lounge about, ice cream shops are packed and the sunscreen aisles are jammed--I absolutely love it! As soon as I saw those blue skies on Saturday morning, I jumped out of bed, threw on my brightest clothing, and ran to Sainsbury's to buy tacos and Kopparberg!

STOP IT!
Kopparberg is a pear cider from Sweden...aka sweet nectar of the GODS.
But, don't worry, we didn't get too much amazing weather. As you can see from my handy little weather app, it was back to cold and rain on Sunday. 

According to Wikipedia, Scotland gets 180.2 inches of rain, 265 days of the year. That's a whole lot compared to Georgia, which only gets 45 inches per year. 

I take (fab) classes at a gym called Glasgow Club Scotstoun. It takes me about thirty minutes to walk there (because I have stumpy little legs). Anyways, I don't mind the walk because half of it is a nature trail with lots of sweet dogs and pretty flowers. 

Most of the time, the walk is a bit wet, haha.

Turn that peace sign around and you've got yourself a rude hand gesture in Scotland. 





Cherry Blossoms, reminds me of Macon,


I know they say "April showers bring May flowers..." but I'm pretty sure a little bit of sunshine is needed, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment