July 26, 2012

Oh hey, 5k!

A few weeks ago my friend, Regan, texted me and asked me to run a 5k with the girls in Macon. The race was called Moonlight Miles (because it started at 9 PM) and it benefitted Bragg Jam.

When I was in Scotland, I managed to go to workout classes a few times a week...so I was in decent shape. When I got home, that changed completely. I attempted to get back in shape literally two weeks before the race...not the brightest idea!

On the day of the race, we did what any athlete would do before a big event...TAN! It was pretty overcast, so I didn't feel like I was getting that much sun...that changed when I turned lobster red before the race. Also, to prep for the race, we put on Regan's 1995 Claire's Glow-in-the-Dark nail polish. I'm pretty sure this is how olympic runners prepare...tanning + nail polish.

Team USA with the winners!

TEAM USA


Had to take advantage of this photo op!

No comments:

Post a Comment