December 27, 2011

Packing woes.

My brother's room before packing began. 
Yesterday, my sweet mother and I went through my things and separated them into the "organized" piles you see above:
1. Accessories
2. Carry-on stuff
3. Checked bag- "Yesses"
4. Checked bag- "Maybes"
5. No's :(

Unfortunately, after the "yesses" made their way into my checked bag(s), the "maybes" had no room. 

With the help of my GENIUS mother, I have packed everything into two checked suitcases and one small carry-on. 

Initially, my Dad told me that I would probably have to make sacrifices and "only take necessities." He described it as if I were in the Army, and could only take a satchel. I quickly reminded him that what I don't take from home I will have to purchase abroad...he changed his views on the situation. 

I'm not looking forward to the goodbyes, nor am I looking forward to the holiday travel. However, what is waiting for me on the other side of the pond is worth every bit of it.


XOXO-Kels

3 comments:

  1. What a fun adventure! Looks like you did a great job of packing, I would have waaayyy more bags than that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packing for a trip is always the worst part to me, but I'm glad to see you made it through it! I can't wait to start hearing about all of your adventures IN Scotland! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaayyyy Kelsey's coming to town :):):) sooooo excited. Cya soon x x x

    ReplyDelete