January 05, 2012

Inclement weather is for pansies!

Scotland is currently experiencing really strong winds...and it's not solely coming from Ian. The trains aren't working because, according to the news, 856 trees are down. 856 exactly!

Every time I go to leave the house, I look outside then decide to go right back to the couch and curl up under a blanket. I arrived on Thursday and I really haven't left the house since! Last night, Ian's family practically pushed me out the door. I think they were starting to worry about me a little bit, or maybe it was the permanent indention I was leaving on the couch.

Ian and I went to the only place you can go on such a windy night: the pub! As we pushed through the winds, I thought to myself, "There is no way this pub is going to be open, and if it is, there is no way anyone is going to be there." Wrong!

We had a few drinks and watched Ian's favorite team Manchester United lose embarrassingly to Newcastle.  Ian thinks that Man U loses when he watches this season. They lost to Man City, Basel, Blackburn and Newcastle all while he watched.

Believe it or not, the sun is actually shining right now. I think we are going to head into town and enjoy it while it lasts!

XOXO-Kels

My diet coke in a snazzy glass bottle!

2 comments:

  1. Love scotland! The weather was even a shocker for me and I'm from Canada! It gets soo cold and the cold goes right to your bones! Have an amazing adventure there!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I am behind on my comments! But I saw your pics on Facebook, and you look amazing as always! We are thinking about you here in Georgia, where it is quite windy, but we don't have the trees or trains to worry about! I loveee you!

    ReplyDelete