January 29, 2012

What a wonderful weekend!

This weekend was so great! 

First, I went to the UKA Aviva International match with Ian's sister and her sweet family. It took place in Kelvin Hall, a really cool building that used to be a barrage balloon factory (those massive balloons used in the military). Now, it is an international sports arena.


The countries represented at this match were USA (woo!), Great Britain, Germany, Russia and a Commonwealth Select team. The match was amazing and I am really glad I got the opportunity to go. The athletes were superhumans! GB won first place and USA came in last...only because our better athletes are preparing for a small match called the Olympics :)

Massive Russian Pole Vaulter
Team USA
L-R: USA, Germany, Russia, Commonwealth, GB Women's 1500 
Afterwards, Ian and I went out! On the way, we met this beautiful (and massive) Newfoundland named Mack. His owner said he was the runt! I WANT ONE SO BAD. 


 The absolute best  part of the weekend? Ian finally told me my birthday surprise! 
We are going to LONDON! He has planned an amazing trip. Can't believe it's only two weeks away!
 London Bridge, London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, National Gallery, Parliament, Madame Tussauds, St.Paul's, Tower of London, Les Miserables... you get the picture!

My school orientation or "induction" is tomorrow. I absolutely hate the first day of school--I get the jitters so bad! Hopefully I'll be able to get there and not make a fool of myself.

XOXO-Kels
  

No comments:

Post a Comment