June 01, 2012

Flirty Dancing...not Dirty Dancing

For the past week, Ian has been talking about our Thursday night out to Tunnel to see DJ Vance, a guy that used to DJ at Silver Nightclub (which apparently used to be Ian's go-to place). Everyone kept asking me if I was "ready for my first club." This confused me a little. First club? We have had plenty nights out to places with smoke machines, loud music, and dancing...therefore I have already been to a club. 

Wrong! 

Apparently I had never been to a dance club, which is completely different.


We started the night at Tingle, which is a shooter bar. They had tons of interesting shooters like Peanut Butter and Jelly, Michael Jackson (which was black and white, ha!), and a few that I am too shy to name (you can read them on the menu below). 

My fav was the Peach Storm...typical Georgia Peach! 
After, we went to the Tunnel for some supercooltechnodance times. Honestly, I had a blast.

Packed full of sweaty people!
Handsome boys!
People kept saying things like, "Wow, I bet you are getting some great blogging material tonight!" Sure there were plenty of super funky outfits to talk about, but the most interesting and surprising thing about the night was the dancing. 

In America, dancing in a bar or a club consists of a girl grinding on a boy. Below is an informational video on how to dance in a club in America:



In Glasgow, people dance in groups. I have never seen a girl dancing with a guy alone, much less touching a guy. Girls go out in groups and pretty much stick together the whole night. They really enjoy the music and the company of one another.

I've often commented on the way girls dress when they go out. Some don't leave a lot to the imagination...however I have been wrong to judge a book by its cover. While they may dress a little racy, girls here act very, very, classy when they go out. They stay together and really have a blast. Call me a prude if you want. I much prefer the club culture over here!


No comments:

Post a Comment