June 07, 2012

Snowboarding in June

Ian and I just got back from our snowboarding lessons! While it is still absolutely freezing here, it is not cold enough for snow. Luckily, Glasgow has indoor snow slope called SnoFactor.

There is a massive building called Xscape, which has lots of shops, a movie theater, rock climbing, and ski slopes.



I was so, so nervous!! I don't know if ya'll know this...but I am not the most athletic person in the world. I know...shocking! 


The indoor slope is 200 meters with "Pomas" that drag you to the top.



We started out just doing easy exercises, then learned to go down the slope. I picked it up quicker than I thought I would! Our instructor was very patient! She kept wanting us to go slow but I couldn't control myself, so I ended up either fully stopped or flying! At one point, we all thought I was going to take out a skier! 

I absolutely loved it, so we booked a lesson for next week. We are also already talking about a ski trip this winter....haha, you could say we are a bit excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment