June 09, 2012

The Olympic torch and Highland Games

The past few days have been action-packed!

Yesterday, the Olympic torch passed through Glasgow. The torch has already been through many towns and cities in England/Wales, so it was time for it come to Scotland. The journey will end on July 27, when it reaches the Olympic Stadium in London.

I was really happy that we got to see the torch. I was even happier that Ian got a good picture of it.


Ian's niece, Katy, got an even better picture with the torch. I'm a bit jealous!


Today we went to the Bearsden and Milngavie Highland Games. It was very Scottish! There were so many activities, including Jelly Balloon Hurling, Pipe Band competitions, Highland Dancing, Haggis Hurling (funny, because I hurl when I eat Haggis), wrestling, Tossing the Caber, Weight Throwing...

We parked at a charity car park...surprisingly it was for RMH! ADPi loves RMH!

For all of my American friends, the Highland Games are like the ones featured in the Patrick Dempsey movie, Made of Honor. So good! 





No comments:

Post a Comment