July 14, 2012

The "buzz" in the Fowler household...

My little brother Andrew is eleven years old and is obsessed with wearing army gear.

Last night, he had his friend Matthew over and (of course) they were army-crawling around our woods, decked out in camo.

When I woke up this morning, they were still army-crawling in our woods. I was in the living room, cleaning the windows, when I saw both of them running around the yard, crazily flailing their arms. I laughed to myself because they looked so funny running around, acting like they were in war.

What I didn't know, is they were actually at war...with yellow jackets.

The boys had apparently belly-crawled over a yellow jacket nest that was in the ground. The yellow jackets were not only swarming around them, but had gotten in their army gear.

Matthew busted in the house (swarm of yellow jackets in tow), screaming at the top of his lungs! He literally ran around the whole house until I told him to jump in the pool.

The aftermath of the war is still apparent. There are yellow jackets throughout the house and Matthew has some battle wounds: about eight stings (one of which on the eye).  Everyone in the house is paranoid and the smallest gnat is causing a lot of commotion. All is not bad, however...I heard Matthew telling the other boys that the stings didn't really hurt that bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment