July 09, 2012

DIY Glitter Wine Glasses

Since I am not working this summer, I decided to actually try some of the things that I pin on pinterest (recipes, DIY).

My frist project is the DIY Glitter Wine Glass.

What you will need: 
Regular glitter in your color of choice
Modge podge
Wine glasses
Tape (unless you want to freehand)
Paint brush

I purchased the glitter/modge podge at Hobby Lobby and the wine glasses at the Dollar Store. I just used some tape that we had in the house. 

Using newspaper is smart (for the glitter mess)--I used the funnies for some periodic humor (ha). 

Instructions:
Tape each wine glass
The tape is the most annoying part...getting it straight is a pain!
Paint a thin layer of modge podge onto the wine glass (make sure you don't put it on thick, then the glitter gets goopy)

Shake the glitter 
Like Katy Perry...Shake, shake the glitter!
Shake off the excess glitter

Let it dry completely

Paint thin layer of modge podge on top of the glitter
Don't worry if it looks white...it dries clear!
Let it dry completely

Take the tape off

Drink (lots of) wine!
Notice there are only four...one didn't quite make it. I wouldn't recommend chevron zig zags!

If I could do it again, I would put less glitter...you know, go for the understated look. Also, I would buy the small tube of glitter...I probably used only 1/100 of what I bought!

I don't plan on putting these in the dishwasher...I'm sure they will be fine hand-washed.


No comments:

Post a Comment