July 06, 2012

What a bizarre day!

Yesterday, my parents were leaving work to get lunch. As they were driving, they could see a car approaching in the distance. As the car got closer, the passenger door was slung open and a man started hanging out...holding an assault rifle. No joke. Then, the driver started waving a smaller rifle out his window. Ya'll I'm not even kidding. So, my dad quickly pulled into a driveway and my mom called the police. They drove past my parents, still waving their guns, and...that was it. They didn't shoot anything! I know it sounds like my parents' business is in the Bronx, but it is in a lovely town called Dawnville. Crazy!

To add to the craziness, my mom, Ashley and I decided to run around our property last night...no, that isn't the crazy part, haha. It looked semi-gray outside, sort of like it could rain at any moment. We decided to run anyway. We started walking for maybe 30 seconds when we hear and see a tornado form in the distance. You could see trees getting torn up and it sounded like a train. We all ran inside and went straight for the closet. Luckily, we didn't lose any trees, just lots of branches. Our road has trees down everywhere and you can actually see where the tornado went through!

The gun incident and tornado were like scenes out of a movie...I'm hoping today is much more boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment